July 13, 2020
It was no mistake Rapid City was named Most Patriotic City. As the home to Camp Rapid and Ellsworth Air Force Base, the men and women serving our country are more than people in uniform. They are our neighbors, friends, and families.
These individuals have answered the call to serve our country. Are you prepared to serve them?
As city restrictions on social distancing have been lifted, we would encourage businesses to keep in mind the guidelines and restrictions for Ellsworth and military personnel.
Personnel may dine at restaurants and similar establishments with the following guidelines:
- Employees of the establishment must wear face coverings
- Establishments must maintain and enforce physical distancing and seating inside and outside
- Bar areas can be utilized provided physical distancing can be maintained and servers wear masks
- Personnel can attend Movie Theaters and plays, provided social distancing and mask wear guidelines are followed
- Personnel can use delivery, carry-out or drive-thru services for businesses that do not offering social distancing or require masks
Take away: If you would prefer not to require your employees to wear masks or keep tables socially distant, continue offering carry-out or delivery services. Be sure to share in Rapid City to Go! Offering a military discount? Be sure to list on Black Hills Wire!
Barbershops, Hair/Beauty Salons, Manicure/Pedicure and Massage Therapy Establishments:
- Face coverings must be worn by service providers and person receiving services. Deviation is authorized only when covering interferes with the service being provided
- Provider must follow CDC recommend hygiene practices to include washing hands prior to providing service to each customer
- Busines must be by appointment only and limit number of people in the waiting area to fewer than 10 people and allows for physical distancing of six feet