July 01, 2021
Join us for our first forum of our new event series: the 2021 Critical Issues Luncheon Series! During the July forum you will hear from an influential panel to discuss Housing Strategies for Economic Development. As we witness the explosive growth of Rapid City’s population, community partners identified the need for affordable housing to support a need for workforce and promote the quality of life in the Black Hills.
Those joining the panel will be:
- Liz Hamburg, Black Hills Area Community Foundation
- Alan Solano, John T. Vucurevich Foundation
- Vicki Fisher, City of Rapid City
- David Lust, consultant for the Strategic Housing Initiative
- Scott Engmann, Black Hills Habitat for Humanity
During this forum, the panelists will touch on the following:
- An overview of the need for housing across all income and need levels.
- Discussion of housing as it relates to workforce development and the growth of a healthy, vibrant economy.
- Collaboration efforts across the community to identify innovative solutions, and the future of these partnerships to make substantial impact.