Elevate Rapid City offers ways for the Black Hills community to engage with elected officials throughout the year. Townhalls are offered during elections to hear from candidates. Once a person has been elected to serve in the South Dakota legislature it is even more important to ensure a connection between constituents and elected officials.
Legislative Crackerbarrels – often known as legislative coffees – are offered each year during the legislative session (January – March) to fulfill exactly that purpose. These free, public events provide an opportunity for Legislators to discuss bills and issues and hear directly from the public.
The crackerbarrels feature Representatives and Senators from districts 30, 32, 33, 34 and 35.
2022 Crackerbarrel Dates
The 2022 Crackerbarrels will be held at the Western Dakota Technical College event center from 9 am to 11 am. All area legislators are invited. At each crackerbarrel 3 to 4 legislators will be providing a 5-minute presentation before the question-and-answer period.
- Representative Tim Goodwin - District 30
- Representative Trish Ladner - District 30
- Representative Becky Drury - District 32
- Senator Dave Johnson - District 33
- Senator Helene Duhamel - District 32
- Representative Mike Derby - District 34
- Representative Tony Randolph - District 35
- Representative Taffy Howard - District 33
- Senator Mike Diedrich - District 34
- Representative Jess Olson - District 34
- Senator Jessica Castleberry - District 35
- Senator Julie Frye-Mueller - District 30
- Representative Chris Johnson - District 32
- Representative Phil Jensen - District 33
- Representative Tina Mulally - District 35
Each crackerbarrel will be available via live stream on the Elevate Facebook page and Youtube channel. If you have a question you would like asked, please submit the form below and we will do our best to accommodate you.