A New Vision
Elevate Rapid City is a new and innovative approach to economic development for Rapid City and the Black Hills region. A true public/private partnership, Elevate Rapid City represents the first time in our history that four of the leading private sector economic development organizations have united under a joint partnership agreement in order to lead strategic economic growth and development according to a collective vision and shared plan vetted by more than 100 community leaders.
Under discussion for nearly two years, Elevate Rapid City is a joint venture of the Rapid City Chamber of Commerce, Ellsworth Development Authority, Rapid City Economic Development Partnership and the Economic Development Foundation. Its mission is to achieve the shared economic and community development goals that will elevate the quality of life and employment opportunities for all those who call Rapid City home. Led by top proactive business and government leaders, Elevate Rapid City serves to enhance and better leverage the economic development activities of its pro-business partners in order to achieve more pronounced and measurable economic results.
A Partnership With Purpose
- Coordinating the creation and retention of primary and secondary jobs;
- Developing and promoting a unified, compelling image of the Rapid City region to targeted industry clusters;
- Facilitating the rapid, well-coordinated and most effective response to existing and prospective business needs;
- Aggressively advocating for public policies and processes conducive to capital investment and job creation and retention;
- Allocating resources, financial or otherwise, to area projects and/or organizations consistent with Elevate Rapid City’s mission, purpose and program of work;
- Strengthening the relationships of Rapid City and Elevate Rapid City’s implementing partners with regional and state economic and community development organizations;
- Overseeing execution of the five-year work program in cooperation with pro-business implementing partners;
- Gathering, formatting and sharing relevant data regarding the Rapid City MSA;
- Maintaining a high degree of accountability to all program investors and other relevant stakeholders by benchmarking performance and communicating measurable, meaningful results.