Are you interested in elevating the Rapid City region for everyone?
Join us on our mission.
Content Writer – Freelance Position
Elevate Rapid City is in search of an experienced Freelance Writer to generate stories for our monthly Elevate magazine, as well as assist with social media posting and website content. The Freelance Writer's responsibilities include taking content ideas provided by Elevate and overseeing assigned stories from start to submission. Our magazine tells stories about the businesses in the Black Hills region making this an ideal position for an experienced creative writer.
Hours 20-25 hours a week
Compensation $15-$18 per hour
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Communication Studies, or similar fields
- 2-5 years of freelance or contract writing experience, recommended
- Portfolio of completed written material, required
- Demonstration of strong writing skills – grammar, punctuation, editing
- Creative individual with a storytelling tone and style
- Ability to conduct research and develop into writing material
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and disciplined work ethic
- Experience taking constructive criticism and making changes to content
- Understanding of the importance of deadlines and responsive in correspondence
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office for writing materials
- Ability to work remotely, including laptop, cell phone, email, and access to Wi-Fi
Remote worker who can travel to various businesses to conduct interviews as needed
Position opened until filled. To be given full consideration, please submit 3 writing examples and resume by March 1, 2021.